Organizations and Agencies
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
The Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) helps small and medium-sized enterprises develop and grow by providing access to capital. Each year, BDC provides assistance to more than 30,000 companies across all sectors of Canada’s economy through financing, venture capital and consulting services.
Types of Financing
- Term Loans – provided to companies at all stages of business development.
- Subordinate Financing – provided to companies looking to expand, acquire, or which are in transition.
Export Development Canada
Export Development Canada (EDC) is Canada's export credit agency, offering innovative financing, insurance and risk management solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business.
- Insurance - Provides insurance solutions to mitigate commercial risks.
- Financing for Canadian Companies - EDC supports international transactions.
- Financing for Foreign Companies - Provides innovative support to foreign buyers of Canadian goods and/or services through loans, guarantees, and lines of credit. Click here to download a brochure.
- Bonding - Provides guarantees to banks who can then can guarantee foreign customers and suppliers.
- Credit Profiles - Helps to obtain financial and credit information on foreign customers.
Search for Government Financing
Canada Business: Government grants, loans and financing provides an easy-to-use search tool for finding assistance.