We're proud to bring you these Success Stories.
These case studies focus on businesses that operate in Toronto, who believe the distinctive characteristics of the city have been contributing factors to their success.
- Financial services capital of Canada
- Fastest growing financial centre in North America
- World Economic Forum ranked Canada as the soundest financial system in the world seven years in a row
- Toronto Stock Exchange is the 3rd largest in North America, after New York and Chicago.
For more information about Toronto's Finance sector click here
- North America's largest life sciences sector
- Ranked as one of the world's top 10 life sciences centres
- Toronto Discovery District, largest per capita concentration of life sciences research facilities in the world.
For more information about Toronto's Life Sciences sector click here
- Country's largest technology sector
- Canada's largest centre of technology education and research
- 3rd largest technology cluster in North America, after San Francisco and New York
- Of the top 250 Canadian technology companies listed on the 2014 Branham300, 37% are located in the Toronto area.
For more information about Toronto's technology sector click here
- Toronto is a major centre for the creative industries and has expanded in recent years
- The creative sector employs over 100,000 people
- Integrated into the fabric of the city, the creative industries support other sectors of Toronto's economy including finance, technology, life sciences, and food and beverage
For more information about Toronto's Creative Industries sector
Cleantech and Green Energy
- Toronto Region and Ontario are North America's renewable energy leaders
- More than 36,000 employees at over 1,700 companies
- These companies currently generate an estimated $2 billion in annual revenue locally
For more information about Toronto's Clean-tech and Green Energy sector click here
- Among the largest business and professional services clusters in North America
- Growing in step with the city's highly diversified economy
- Thanks to a highly educated workforce, great international connections and low operating costs, Toronto businesses have a powerful support network that is essential to success
For more information about Toronto's Business Services sector
Food and Beverage
- Centre of Ontario's $85.2 billion food and beverage sector
- Largest of its kind in Canada and second largest in North America.
- 60,000 people employed at 2,000 food and beverage manufacturing establishments in Toronto
For more information about Toronto's Food and Beverage sector