Source: StatsCan, 2013
- The population of the City of Toronto is 2.8 million people, with 6 million living in the region.
- Toronto is the 4th largest City in North America.
- The regional population of Toronto is projected to grow to 7.45 million by 2031.
- The population of the City of Toronto is expected to reach 3 million people by 2031.
- Toronto's multicultural diversity is expressed by more than 200 distinct ethnicities.
- Businesses located in the Toronto region have access to a multilingual workforce with French as the 3rd language most often spoken at work after English and Chinese.
- Statistics Canada projects that, by 2031, approximately 28% of the population of the country will be foreign-born. The number of people belonging to visible minority groups will double, and compose a majority of Toronto’s population.
- The Toronto region has the largest foreign ethnicity population in the country (over 50%); 20.2% of Canada’s entire ethnic population lives in the City of Toronto.
- The top foreign ethnicity populations in Toronto:
- South Asian – 317,100 (or 12.3%)
- Chinese – 278,390 (10.8%)
- Filipino – 132,445 (5.1%)
- Latin American – 71,205 (2.8%)
Specific languages spoken in Toronto workplaces by total number.